It still amazes me to see my hummingbird art translated into an embroidery design.I like the thread colors and how even the wing lines are added on top of the wing base.Thanks to my friend Wendy who generously agreed to stitch some samples for me to share with you. Let's take a look and learn more about Whimsy Wendy.
|Lambzie. This coordinates with my Amelia Harper Collection for Modern Yardage. Think how much fun you can have creating clothing or home decor projects that have the added bonus of matched embroidery images.|
|Peas and Blossoms|
|Strawberries and Blossoms|
|Dragonfly as a napkin embellishment|
|Whimsy Wendy, Wendy Jo Miller|
I met Wendy at The Linden Tree a few years ago and loved her children's costume tutu's, butterfly wings and princess hats that were sold there. Wendy started her business in 2007 as soon as her girls were in school full-time. She was itching to do something creative. At this point 75% of her work is custom that includes personal embroidery orders and upholstery work such as curtains, box cushions and recovering pillows. The other 25% comes from her Etsy shop that includes party decor, children's costumes and home dec.
Wendy said she could see my designs being used for home interiors.The fact that you can tailor the thread colors to blend into people's spaces gives them a lot of versatility, just like you can when you change personalized colors for fabric orders. She feels the personalization of products and services is so important to people these days. Thank you, Wendy, for bringing my designs to life. Here's Wendy's business links:
As a visual artist, it helps me see how my work looks in its finished form in order to know how to create future images. This inspires me to design new images for sewists to use on a variety of fun projects. Thanks to Janome for these amazing machines.