Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A New Beginning

Today my new website is being launched and I am so excited. It will launch my new and expanding business of my Arts & Crafts style illustrations on cards, prints, fabric and rugs. This is the most personal and rewarding art I have done in my long career as a freelance illustrator. With the help of my Etsy shop, my alliance with Rug Rats, Spoonflower and consignments with wonderful shops like The Linden Tree, I am a budding entrepreneur!

This blog will be an opportunity to share with you how to bring the Arts & Crafts Movement style into contemporary living. I admire the original pieces of textiles, ceramics, architecture and rugs from the movement, but I want to share how to bring pieces and ideas of the movement thru a contemporary interpretation with art and home decor. I hope to share my ideas with my designs and other artists with similar goals.

Secondly, I plan to emphasize the importance of handwritten notes. I feel strongly in this day of emails that we need to reach out and send a personal written message to friends and family. It's your handwriting that distinguishes you and feels so much more personal than helvetica type. Some of my prized possessions are handwritten notes, recipes and cards sent to me by friends and family no longer with me.

So here's to new beginnings. Let's get going!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome!! As a former Interior Designer I love the Arts and Crafts movement. It was my favorite when I was in Grad school! Can't wait to read your blog and catch back up with this style!

    Katy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a WOW...beautiful website and a new beginning... Oh the places you'll go!

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation on your launch! This is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cheri, Marlene and Katy! I'm excited, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cindy, saw your latest blog post on a facebook feed...was scrolling back through your older posts. Totally agree w/ you on the importance of hand written notes. One of my current projects is to regularly write a note to my daughter Rebekah who lives in Colorado. (even though I can text her, e-mail her and facebook her @ the drop of a hat)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo! There's nothing more personal than a hand written note to say you care. Now it means even more. Thanks for looking thru my blog!

    ReplyDelete