Saturday, December 18, 2010

Personalize Your Cards

Maloney Home


I'm sharing a card I illustrated for my good friends, the Maloneys. They have a beautiful stucco home they trim with lights and this Christmas, Mother Nature provided plenty of snow to add to the ambience. I illustrated our home for our Christmas card a few years ago, and was commissioned by our neighbors to do their home for their Christmas cards. Then later that year when their home was destroyed by fire, they did a cheeky card and had me repeat the home illustration but this time it had smoke and flames coming out of their Bungalow windows.
Inside the text read "Merry Crispness."
Christmas card following year
Passolt Christmas card

It's fun to receive personal cards like these and I've been illustrating other cards for sale locally and in my Etsy shop.  Some I leave intentionally blank without a verse so the buyer can write their own heartfelt greeting.  We sent my Ginkgo wreath design that was blank inside and personally wrote a greeting in each one.  I believe a handwritten message is such a gift, especially in this email world. Your handwriting is an extension of who you are and it brings you closer to the person who reads it.  I hope you'll take the time to personalize your cards for your family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for creating the beautiful card of our home. We were excited to send it out and received so many nice comments about it. Thanks also for the 8 x 10 print that we will have framed and be able to enjoy in the years to come. Wishing you much success in the new year to come. You are truly a gifted artist as well as a generous friend.

    ReplyDelete