Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Own Wallpaper Designs


I'm not a fan of wallpaper, but this could change my mind.  I was able to make a sample of wallpaper thru Spoonflower using my Dragonfly print. Wow, it is really impressive!  The wallpaper colors matched the fabric samples that Modern Yardage printed very well.That doesn't always happen when using something as different as heavy coated paper vs. soft cotton fabric.
Spoonflower is a digital printing company in the US that produces fabric, gift wrap and wallpaper for the creative types and don't require us to order large amounts. This was my first try at it and received a swatch 2' wide and 1' tall for $5.  I didn't apply it on anything yet as a test but it comes with instructions and is self-adhesive; no paste required.  It says it's easy to remove, too. Full rolls are $60 for 12' lengths.

Close up of wallpaper swatch
How great would it be to customize your home with custom fabric and custom wallpaper?!  Here's how it looks next to the quilt designed by Annik Miller of Mini Mushrooms using my Amelia Harper Collection from Modern Yardage.


You can order this wallpaper now at this Spoonflower link. The fabric is available for purchase at this Modern Yardage link.  I will definitely try new wallpaper designs to match my fabric designs and post them. No one should be allowed to have this much fun!  Thank you modern technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment