Friday, February 18, 2011

Home Sweet Home for My Poppy Rugs

http://www.erehwonretreat.com
My Poppy rugs have a wonderful new home at Erehwon Retreat  in Tampa, Florida. The proprietor, Henry Young, emailed me about his interest for my rugs for his restored bungalow and cottage he rents to guests. He wondered if they would work outside under the covered porch in front of the door.  I mentioned that I was giving mine the 'Minnesota Winter Test' and that it was doing well in the elements. Turns out, Henry had lived in Minneapolis and was involved with The Guthrie Theater. What a nice connection!

I looked at the website and was so happy to see the two homes and read more about Erehwon Retreat and view the pictures, video and see the current Tampa temperature. Well, it looks very inviting for a winter weary Minnesotan.  You must check out the link to see the gardens, too!  The yard features native Florida plants that look spectacular. I love that they use native plants.  It certainly follows many of the Arts & Crafts philosophies.

After receiving my shipment, Henry kindly photographed my rug at the front door. This is just how I imagined my rugs to be used when I designed them. I'm so happy they went to such a wonderful home.

2 comments:

  1. the rug is perfect. love your art, wishing you continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and perfect pairing! You do such nice work, Cindy, and it's wonderful to see it in places like this -- in good hands! Well done!

    ReplyDelete