Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Rug is rugged

Last Fall I placed my Poppy & Pod rug outside my front door to test its ruggedness.  It's an indoor rug but the fiber and backing led me to believe if someone wanted to use it as a door mat, they could.  But before I could say for sure, I put it through a very tough, long snowy winter. Ask anyone, this was one of the worst in Minneapolis.

I'm happy to report that the rug came through with flying colors!  All its colors remained true, it withstood wet boots, salt, sand, sleet and whatever Old Man Winter threw at it. The stitched edge is still perfect and the rubber on the back looks great considering it was frozen multiple times to the concrete.  Now it basks in the Spring weather while our cat Malik looks on. I feel confident the rugs will do well on your doorstep, too.  

6 comments:

  1. Great news! I'm so glad it lasted! I was worry for... about a minute! Now you have a great selling point! Cute kitty!!

    Katy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katy! I'm sure the rug would like your winter better! Our cat is a challenge to photograph.... a black blob with yellow eyes. But he loves looking out the front door so he got in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm mid-idea on something that needs a weather test too, but have been procrastinating for fear I will find out it won't work. Your post has inspired me to forge ahead, test away, and hope for the best! I just love that rug, and all of your designs. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sara. I just felt better trying it first myself and if it failed, I could tell people what to expect.

    ReplyDelete