Friday, May 17, 2013

Heading to Surtex in NYC

Booth #553 art mock-ups
Tomorrow I head out to New York City for Surtex, the surface textile design trade show. This is my third year exhibiting my art to show manufacturers in home decor, paper goods and retail how my style can help sell their product.  Saturday will be spent flying in, checking into our hotel and rushing to Javits to set up my 10 x10' by 5 pm.  When it goes smoothly, it doesn't take too long and hopefully our luck continues.

Banners of my art hang around the walls and this year, I'm including a few more visuals of my art mock-up on products as you see above. I have my goldfinch and sunflower art as potholders and tea towels, the blueberry pattern is shown on dishes and the cardinals are convincing on totes, pillows and dishes.  My latest dragonfly art looks really nice on bedding and I hope grabs the attention of a company looking for new cabin style comforters.  There's also a shelf in my booth to show more items including some items from The Linden Tree made from my Poppy Hop textiles.

I'll be meeting Dale, my contact from Check Advantage, the company who prints my art on checks and labels.  They've been a great company to work with and am looking forward to talking with him.  I will also be meeting with some new contacts I've made here in Minneapolis and New York as they walk the show.

The National Stationery Show is going on as well right next to Surtex and I love seeing all the different companies, big and small exhibit their lines.  My retail reps at Square One will be there meeting with clients and always stop over to see me.

My goal is to continue to meet manufacturers whose products are great for my Craftsman Nouveau style. Each year I feel more confident and learn so much by attending. Wish me luck and I'll post pics from the show next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment