Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Road Trip: Taliesin, Spring Green, Brucemore & Lanesboro

Yes, I'm still on the road. This time my sister and I visit Taliesin in Wisconsin; Frank Lloyd Wright's home and Architecture School. The two hour tour goes by quick as you try to memorize the interiors since no pictures are allowed. Here's a few of my favorite spots around the school, his home and the gardens we saw.






My sister Cathy with me on the balcony

It's always been my dream to illustrate Frank Lloyd Wright's homes, so my Wisconsin retail rep has been helping me meet with Taliesin's gift shop manager on this trip. I left her with samples of my Historic Park Inn card, box set and art print to share with her superiors. You have to be approved and have permission to illustrate and sell cards of his properties and his trade marked name. So she will get back to me with their decision. I hope one day my cards will be sold in this gift shop that I so admire.
Next we travel down the road for lunch at The Spring Green General Store and Cafe . Karin purchases my cards for her shop, so I wanted to stop in to visit and try out their cafe. The pizza and salad was great! She has a wonderful selection of products and clothes, too. They have a variety of events going on all year.

Time to head to Iowa to spend time with family.Mom and I stop at Brucemore in Cedar Rapids, Iowa to take more photos for future cards and a stop in to the gift shop to say hi to Kaycie and see my cards and prints at their gift shop. 


My Mom

 Then one last stop in Lanesboro, Minnesota to visit a friend interning at The Lanesboro Arts Gallery. I enjoyed looking at the talented artists' work and getting to know more about it. What a charming busy town! It happened to have an art fair in the park that day on Father's day so the stop was even more fun. 




Thanks for following my trip through Wisconsin researching and visiting with my current and future clients. 


No comments:

Post a Comment