Saturday, January 15, 2011

Rugged Rug?

My rug designs of the Poppy & Pod and Solomon Seal made thru Rug Rats are just beautiful.  The colors turned out wonderful, the quality of the hewn edge and rubber backing and nylon surface are top notch.  When I've shown them at Art Fairs people are drawn to them. Some comments are, 'They're too pretty to walk on.'  I think to myself, so you want an ugly rug in your home? Part of the Arts & Crafts anthem was home products should be useful and beautiful.

The rugs are intended to be used indoors but some people have asked if they can be used outdoors.  So I am putting my Poppy rug to the test to see if it can
handle a Minnesota winter.  I put it in front of our door last month and it has endured snow, sleet, salt and shoveling.  If you live around here, you know that it's been a bad winter, so this will be a great test to see how it does.  I really want to know,too, so I can honestly tell people how rugged the rugs are.  So when Spring arrives, I'll give you an update.  I sell the two rugs in my Etsy shop and locally at The Linden Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment