Monday, October 20, 2014

Friends of Freedom Park


What a beautiful Fall day to enjoy the color and start of the Great River Road running from Prescott, Wisconsin along the Mississippi River!  The gift shop has been buying my cards for a few years and I always wanted to stop in to visit. 

My cards greeted me just inside the gift shop door. The Gift Shop Manager was away on business, but  I met Jessica Bierbrauer, the Executive Director, who shared additional materials about the Great River Road. The building serves as an educational facility with hands on exhibits, and has panoramic views of the Mississippi River. I wish I had more time to check out all it had to offer but I had a long road ahead of me that day.

I LOVE this rock machine that dispenses gems instead of bubble gum!

There is a sculpture created out of trash collected from the Mississippi River. This reminds us all of our responsibility to be conscious environmental stewards of our natural resources.  

For more information on the Great River Road Visitor & Learning Center, click here.  





No comments:

Post a Comment